PDA

View Full Version : centreline alloys

conrad668s
07-03-2005, 02:08 PM
just brought some centreline alloys but have not got any wheel studs that will fit.

standard ones are too short

don't suppose anyone has any that would fit my 1303s

also need to drop the front end, have the springs but is it something anyone can do or am i better off asking a professional!

rapidresto
07-03-2005, 03:17 PM
you'll need longer wheel studs but you'll also need to get the correct seat as some bolts have a radius others are tapered and some odd ones are flat.

Best bet is trying www.machine7.co.uk as they are the fountain of all wheel knowledge, or www.streetstyleandpower.co.uk

as for slamming your front, not a technical job but you'll need some coil spring compressors to get the springs on and off the struts.

you'll also need a 22mm ring spanner and a 7 or 8 mm allen key / allen key socket.

slacken off the top bolt slightly, (22mm and allen key effort) whip the strut off, compress the spring, undo the top bolt, spring off, compress new spring reassemble, uncompress, reattatch strut, tighten up top bolt fully, do the other side, drive carefully to local tyre place to get the geometry set up, avoid speed humps :D

I've got all the relevant tools if you need to borrow them i can drop em off with one of the FLF4 boys at some point soon ish.

conrad668s
08-03-2005, 06:24 PM
got some bolts from kingfisher so wheels are now fitted and look great.

off to mot for the big retest tomorrow, so fingers crossed