PDA

View Full Version : beep beep!!

Ding
24-03-2005, 04:34 PM
My horn has been absolute rubbish ever since i had my car, so i found my horn, its an air-powered number, unattached to any bodywork! The motor type air pushing device is under the bonnet which is where i want to mount my new horn. My 1302 is 12V and the horn i bought is also 12V, i attached the 2 wires going to the current horn type thing and it didnt work. i tried them the other way round and it just makes a click sound. Any ideas on how i can make my Bug beep again??

kev
24-03-2005, 06:23 PM
what type of horn is the replacement?

Pherlippherlop
24-03-2005, 06:46 PM
My horn has been absolute rubbish ever since i had my car, so i found my horn, its an air-powered number, unattached to any bodywork! The motor type air pushing device is under the bonnet which is where i want to mount my new horn. My 1302 is 12V and the horn i bought is also 12V, i attached the 2 wires going to the current horn type thing and it didnt work. i tried them the other way round and it just makes a click sound. Any ideas on how i can make my Bug beep again??

the click sound means there is current going through but is probably shagged.

if it's a brand new one send it back...try connecting it direct to the battery could be a dodgy earth though first...