PDA

View Full Version : best thing to paint wheels with?

blistered
29-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking of painting my wheels red.... first I gotta strip the wheels, then paint them...so whats the best thing to use for both...??

any help guys?

Bazil
29-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Dunno 'bout colour but I was going to wirebrush mine and then maybe use red oxide primer and then stone chip.

Maybe depending on the finish you should use Red Oxide Primer?

mystery solvin crew
29-03-2005, 12:10 PM
if ya gonna do them black use £1 shop paint

blistered
29-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm going for a drag race styleeeeee so they need to be shiney and proper red to match the wing beading that I'm gonna be getting (hopefully) soon.

dubber91
29-03-2005, 01:16 PM
use nitromorz to remove the paint, but be carefull, it'll eat yer hand too. A cheap alternative is any olf fashioned paint stripper. As for paint make sure you use a nice think primer of basecoat; steel wheels tend to be quite pourous and rough to the touch...
then, just good of fashioned paint paint should do the trick!

:D

Pherlippherlop
29-03-2005, 01:54 PM
TOP TIP:-

make sure you clean the paint of the seats that the bolts go onto before fitting, if you tighten the bolts on top of paint when the paint gets hot it will squidge out and can mean that your bolts become loose.

Nearly lost a weller and a 31 x 10.5 tyre (all up about 25-30kg!) off my buggy due to this, after having them powder coated (and yes i am sure they were tight a 24" breaker bar says so)