PDA

View Full Version : Speaker pods or door mounted?

blistered
11-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Which is best?? Anyone used speaker pods??

Cheers

Pherlippherlop
11-04-2005, 05:48 PM
neither, mount em on a shelf in the back.

shove em in the door and make sure that your seals are ok round the windows

shove em in the footwell they'll get hot if your heater works and look wrong anyway.

shove some 6x9's in a stealth shelf (i'll take some piccies of mine) and attach a small amp (mine cost me £20 off the indoor market in telford)

sorted.

Daz_bluebug
11-04-2005, 06:36 PM
stuk mine in the parcel shelf bt just put anuva pair of pod style things on a piece of wood that fits between the runners of the seats (so hidden nicely) nice an stealthy! 8)

blistered
11-04-2005, 08:28 PM
thing is.. I've got 2 10" subs and an amp, getting 6x9s for the shelf anyway but I want components up front... just tryin to figure out the best place to put them...heard stories about vibrations from pods...just tryin to figure out the best option..

Pherlippherlop
11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
how about mounting them pointing down from the front bulkhead (ie make some big holes...:) )

doors vibrate too thats the trouble...

i've got 1 10" and 2 6x9's and that is more than enough power for me :)

Daz_bluebug
12-04-2005, 07:54 AM
the pod things do vibrate depends on the quality of the product i believe, lol u got some serious output there then way out of my realms! (i like to be able to feel the engine shakin the car not the base! :D )

blistered
12-04-2005, 08:45 AM
my engine ain't big enough to shake the car ;)

plumcrazee
14-04-2005, 09:32 AM
ok i had a coplete kenwood set up 18 moths ago till some twat took the fucking lot :twisted:

but had a 12" sub and amp behind the back seat. and 2 400w kenwood copertition 6*9s on a stelth shelf with an amp under the back seat. all i had in the frint was some nice kenwood tweeters the sound rocked and was very chrisp and i only needed the tweeters to balace the sound a bit.

i also had speaker pods but wasent to inpresed at them?

hopw that helps mate :wink:

rapidresto
14-04-2005, 09:39 AM
i had the same prob great sounds all hidden away until some pikey scum theived the lot trashing the bug at the same time :(

I had a pair of 10" subs in a custom 3/4" mdf box behind the back seat. a pair of cerwin vega 10cm 2 ways out the back to balance the sounds for the rear seat passengers, then up front i had 10cm vibe mids mounted in the bulkhead pointing down and a pair of vibe tweeters tucked in the rooflining by the sunvisors. sounded fantastic in the car and really well balanced. Ran 3 amps - 2 built into the box and one under the back seat.

going to be using pods for the fasty as i dont have alot of choice but i'll definatly be putting tweeters in the dash or roof again as they made all the difference.

blistered
14-04-2005, 11:47 AM
cheers guys.... think I'm gonna take the pods back and stick them in the doors for the time being, gotta get some new door cards anyway at some point.

Was thinking of getting some blank door cards and doing a custom job...Gonna be building a mad enclosure behind the seat hopefully too (when the car is ready to be sorted properly)

rapidresto
14-04-2005, 11:55 AM
dont forget you'll have to drill holes in your door pillar and door if there aren't any already!