PDA

View Full Version : can neone help me pleaseeee???!!!!

spit nolan
15-04-2005, 11:55 AM
i got a leak in my fuel tank round the weld on the filler neck to the top of the tank, i spent ages last night sithening fuel out to below that level!! how can i fix it?? or has ne one got a tank for a split single cab? plus i wanna get my engine swap done this weekend anybody wanna lend a hand, there quite a bit to do, fuel pump, regulator, gauges, oil filter needs mountin, actual engine swap, only from bug to bus, leave engine out of bug do that another time! still rather a large job for one person! i really cant do all the jobs in one weekend by meself so ne help would b appreciated!!! plus i gotta change rear wheel cylinder today, before the brakes decide to give up the ghost!! im off to volksbits in a bit cuz its the only place where i can go to get one today! sooo please can ne one help me with ne of the above??? :?

crazy_fuzz
15-04-2005, 12:16 PM
ill try and get down to help on the niight if thats any good. If it is email me your number.

prophet
15-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Weld it back up ?

spit nolan
15-04-2005, 12:31 PM
weld me fuel tank ya mad prophet?! oh hang on i no the answer to that!! i no its possible but i just dont wanna risk it, plus i gotta get it done this weekend

prophet
15-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Angle it so the bit you need to weld is right up at the top, fill it with water to as close as you can to where u need to weld, the fuel can't explode without any air to burn with, even if it does, it'll only be a little pop anyway.

Shouldnt be dangerous, as long as you angle it so that the air-pocket is as small as possible.

spit nolan
15-04-2005, 12:44 PM
just waitin for a call from a guy who said he can do it for me 2ma prob so will b sorted gotta empty the tank and get it out later then. off to volksbits now to get wheel cylinder

prophet
15-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Is it worth sealing the tank while it's out? Last thing you wanna do is dislodge a bit of crud and end up with a blocked carb.