PDA

View Full Version : t2/4 timing

Tyler
20-04-2005, 05:18 PM
any idea what the hell the timing on my 127 motor should be its like a t2/ t4 motor but i have no timing marks or anything

what do you run your t2 at?maybe that will give me a clue!

Rich Oakley
08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Different T2 engine codes had different timings. However, most are 7.5 deg BTDC.

Tyler
09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
any top tips for finding tdc as i dont have any marks!
iv tried with a bit of wire no luck also tried the winding a m14 stop thru the plug hole but i think it hits the valves not the piston as somtimes the engine wil stop and then when i try to find the other way it will run rite past the stop!

without takin the head off what else can i do?

the engine is running ok at the mo but id like to do it rite sometime!

Rich Oakley
09-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Change the pulley to one with timing marks may be easier.

Doesn't the keyway in the crank mark TDC? (Can't remember). This would just mean removing the crank pulley nut and take it from there. Need someone to confirm that this is the case first though.

rapidresto
11-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Bit trickier on a type 4 lump! they usually have a notch in the pulley / Fan which corresponds with a plastic timing scale which should be bolted alongside the fan (attatches to the bolts holding the plastic mesh guard thing).

Change the pulley to one with timing marks may be easier.

Doesn't the keyway in the crank mark TDC? (Can't remember). This would just mean removing the crank pulley nut and take it from there. Need someone to confirm that this is the case first though.

Tyler
11-05-2005, 07:12 PM
yea and i kant find the scale :(

rapidresto
12-05-2005, 08:47 AM
yea and i kant find the scale :(

It'll be missing then, black plastic curved stripabout 6 inches long. Prob be able to buy one new from just kampers.

Tyler
12-05-2005, 11:27 AM
yea thatss the one i got ine for a£ at vanfest last year along with a fan grill but iv lost the scale somewhere!
anyway wolves tuning have just done the van so i hope i dont need anything urgent now!

rapidresto
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
yea thatss the one i got ine for a£ at vanfest last year along with a fan grill but iv lost the scale somewhere!
anyway wolves tuning have just done the van so i hope i dont need anything urgent now!

how did they manage it without the scale? would like to know cos its a real bitch to see mine in the fasty!

Tyler
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
all done by compluter!

he reconed that whei i find the scale the marks will line up where they should be now!

bighead ! :D