PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

blistered
28-04-2005, 08:44 PM
ok....my biggest ever muppet moment!!

Fitted the castor shims on the bug when I got home...no problems what so ever.... happy bunny!! (thanks rapidresto and plum for the pointers).

So, the tyres already catch slightly on the arches on lock and bumpy corners so I figured that if it's doing that with one person in the car, it's probably gonna be a lot worse with two and luggage on the way to the Pod.

So, me being the muppet I am thought "I know, lets raise the beam slightly"...

BIG MISTAKE

Having never done it before it was a bit daft to just go ahead and try to do it.... jacked it up, undid the adjusters (Puma ones) and they quite happily slapped to the bottom of their travel (their lowest setting). I've managed to get the bottom adjuster up slightly but it's still way too low and the tyres are proper tucked under the arches now!.

Basically, HELP!!!!!! I really want to go to BB in the bug, but don't think I can redeem the ride height of the beam on my own...

Is anyone who knows how do it be able to help me in the morning??!!!

OR... can someone offer me a solution that I can do on my own??? I've only got a trolley jack, scissor jack, some axle stands and very limited tools to work with...

Your help won't go un-noticed!!

HELP!!!

Thanks guys/Gals

Coxy
28-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Leave it slammed dude!
Telford stylee, true hardcore!!

blistered
28-04-2005, 09:09 PM
the wheels won't turn it's that low!! :D wouldn't be so bad if I just needed to go in a straight line...

It'll get slammed when the 145s get put on ;)

Sunroof_64
28-04-2005, 09:10 PM
jack car back up .... as high as possible put axel stands under (safety)
undo bottom of shocks and pull them off the stub axles. this enables the axle to drop fully
undo adjusters ... wheels should then drop to the floor.
do adjusters up. put shocks back on .... breath a sigh of relif

John

blistered
29-04-2005, 09:46 AM
all sorted!!!

Thanks for the tips Sunroof_64 and Roadie!! :D