PDA

View Full Version : Cellulose spraying tips...

Coxy
07-05-2005, 10:21 AM
...anyone?

I'm about to spray the one side of the Type25 (not the side with the art on it).
I've got a litre tin of cellulose, a tin of cellulose thinners, a compressor and a paint gun, and some masking tape!
Should I thin the paint a bit or just use it as is?

SO-42
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Celly is usually thinned 50/50 and layed on in thin coats but if your not that bothered about orange peel just thin it abit less.

Just dont try and put too much paint on in one go as taking your time will give alot better results

Kev The Gerbil
08-05-2005, 09:13 PM
i would do 50/50 for the first two or three coats then do the mix 25%paint 75%thinner. you want to leave about 5 mins between coats on a warm day? i would put three coats on of this then do 10% paint 90%thinner it will be like water at this point just do one coat with this but dont put this coat on too wet or you will have lots of runs :lol: use anti-bloom thinners as well. the thin coat is to give you a better shine when using celly. give it a couple of days to harden and then light nib and polish with some cutting paste but dont use t-cut. hope this helps. contact me if you need any more advise. :wink:

Souper Steve ABB
08-05-2005, 10:11 PM
buy some panel wipe and clean panels before spraying the minutest bit of grease (even off a clean hand) can repell paint and fuck things up.

I know a guy that sprays at home so if u need any more tips I can ask him.

Coxy
09-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Cheers for the tips.
Any idea what kinda pressure I should be looking at when spraying??

jonnyspatter
09-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Quite a lot. Once people learn you can paint, EVERYONE wants you to do it! :D

Kev The Gerbil
09-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I always paint around 75psi if you use too much pressure you will get lots of overspray not alot of paint goin on the panel.you can adjust the pressure as you start to paint. you mite find you need abit more or less like i did Roadrunna's van on 85psi. :) you mite need more paint if you are doin a whole side.