PDA

View Full Version : ARGH HELP......Dynamowos

craggle
07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Right I have a brand new dynamo, a brand new regulator (12v) both fitted into my bug this week. When I took the last dynamo out there were no problems except the bearings were gone. NOW the red light wont go out, in fact it sort of pulses brighter at higher revs, not flickering, this is definate flashing/pulsing but it never goes fully out.

PLEASE HELP! Has anyone experienced this?

I am sure its wired correctly its pretty hard to get it wrong. The only option left is to take the dynamo back out and return it for another new one!? It was giving charge when I checked it but when I replaced the regulator there was no change, I have tried three diff regulators with no success.

Garrick
07-05-2005, 03:01 PM
I think rapid resto had a similar problem like this on his fasty... but like a pleb I can't remember how he fixed it :oops:

PM him, I'm sure he knows :D

Toad
07-05-2005, 03:03 PM
i havent changed my dynamo but im having a similar problem, changed the regulator but still having the prob.
do you get a little hummng sound at high revs?
i am, but maybe thats the car humming to itself :)

craggle
07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
No humming just the pulsing brighter light.

Toad
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
hmmmm,
maybe its just me, the humming could possibly be my passenger side bearing on the way out.
if i figure out the dynamo i will let you know :)

craggle
07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
[quote=]"Toad"]hmmmm,[quote]

yeah its just you :D

craggle
07-05-2005, 05:35 PM
RIGHT!!!

Ignore the flashy light drive for about 5 miles and it will just stop doing it. Must just be the dynamo wearing in.

Ok next question, sort of got a humming noise, sounds like bearings how am I gonna know!!! Damn you with your humming noise!!!!

Garrick
07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
have you put a volt meter over the terminals on the dynamo yet to see if it's producing any charge??? :?

craggle
07-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah did everything and all tests said it was fine, anyway drove for about five miles and its fine now.