PDA

View Full Version : brake cylinderz

Daz_bluebug
08-05-2005, 02:49 PM
hey i just had 2 sort out anuva brake leak, i had 2 replace the cylinder on the back brake, i replaced it with a front 1 that iz slightly bigger, will this make much of a difference? cheers :D

Rich Oakley
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
That will upset the balance of the brakes considerably and make driving unsafe. Remember, Pressure = Force/Area.
Change it for the correct one.

rapidresto
11-05-2005, 09:52 AM
just buy a correct new one, they are all of a fiver from GSF and the likes.

Pherlippherlop
11-05-2005, 10:08 AM
and i'd be inclined to replace all if 1 is leaky....

Daz_bluebug
11-05-2005, 06:10 PM
cheers 4 the advice will get 2 replacing them all asap i fink 8)

rapidresto
12-05-2005, 08:52 AM
while your down there, check all the hard lines and flexy lines on the rear and the flexies on the front. Its a common occurance to knacker them or find them seized when your replacing cylinders. again they're cheap so i'd get some just in case.

Daz_bluebug
12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
cool cheers did ya get the paypal money john?

rapidresto
13-05-2005, 09:09 AM
cool cheers did ya get the paypal money john?

yeah did indeed, sorry meant to let you know! Spent it already tho :roll: on a shed of all things :D

But hey its 8'x6' of secure metal dub parts storage 8)

Daz_bluebug
15-05-2005, 02:39 PM
cool lol i need somewhere 2 put all my dub stuff now! i gettin a collection on me wardrobe (that moms not happy bout!) lol whats a 4 into 1 exhaust, i woz finkin bt 1 of them big mo' fo's that have a u bend and a big box on the side stickin out :D

rapidresto
16-05-2005, 10:16 AM
cool lol i need somewhere 2 put all my dub stuff now! i gettin a collection on me wardrobe (that moms not happy bout!) lol whats a 4 into 1 exhaust, i woz finkin bt 1 of them big mo' fo's that have a u bend and a big box on the side stickin out :D

LOL, all my parts ar in the living room at the moment til the shed gets built :D

4into1 just describes a header (aka exhaust manifold) where the 4 pipes from the exhaust ports on the engine join up into 1 pipe to which you attach your choice of muffler. Once you get the header your can choose a variety of mufflers including the big ass turbo mufflers (very nice sound, had one on my last bug) and when it comes to raggin it down the strip you can bolt on a stinger instead 8) :D

They flow much better than stock exhausts and the other aftermarket types eg monza 4 tips etc.

Daz_bluebug
16-05-2005, 05:48 PM
cool will ave 2 b on the look out 4 1 of them big ass turbo mufflers then lol just so it snds better than the chavs crap at college :twisted: cheers 4 info dude as 4 the stuff in the living room u cud turn it into furniture wiv a bit of glass on top :D

rapidresto
17-05-2005, 09:10 AM
lol I can think of better things to do with a full turbo kit :D

That said i do have hlaf a dozen fastback side windows as shelves :D