PDA

View Full Version : Emergency! Stupid indicators not working!!!!!!!!!!!

Souper Steve ABB
08-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Help!! My indicators have stopped working! When I flick the switch just the idiot light comes on and stays on. No life comins from the relay have tried swopping it with a 'spare' one though not sure if its fooked or not.

Have checked all fuses and they are okay. Hazards not working either i thought it could be hazard switch so id there a way of bypassing this?

Not sure what else to do as I gotta get to work tomorrow and certain 90% of road users don;t know what a hand signal is! :(

Can anyone advise me as I'm shafted other wise

craggle
08-05-2005, 07:06 PM
If your hazards arent working just check they are switched off before you check your indicators, done this many times before, as when you have hazards on your indicators wont work, hours I have spent tryin to fix indicators that werent broke!!!

SOrry I cant be more help but it will at least eliminate one possibility.

no worries
08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
ha ha im not the only one, ive had no indicators
on my bus since i had it and ive been to shows
and im goin to all types its great fun
lookin in ya rear mirrow to make sure the car behind
isnt to close before he slams your back end
cause ya tryin to turn.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich Oakley
09-05-2005, 10:34 AM
90% chance its the relay. Check all connections to relay first, if they all look good, pop to ECP and get a new one.

jonnyspatter
09-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm certain its the relay, Buy a new one then check again, as i had a similar problem and went through 3 relays before realising they were all fucked.

cabb77
09-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Steve, try a new relay, if its still a problem give a shout and I'l have a look for you.

brummieade
09-05-2005, 06:16 PM
well my indicators work fine unless you are turning left and when you press the brake the rear indicator goes off
and with the lights on it dont work at all !!!!

cabb77
09-05-2005, 06:39 PM
that sounds like bad earths.

Souper Steve ABB
09-05-2005, 10:18 PM
well i took out the hazard switch and had a look inside at which the whole thing sprung apart and dog ran over and ate half the bits! :(

But even without hazard switch in (which I am sure feeds the relay) the idiot light still comes on when you pull lever. So I 'm guessing its the hazard switch. I've ordered one from fishers which should come tomorrow or weds. So until then its hands signals and road rage for me! :twisted:

If anyone else has any ideas i'll be happy to hear em :)

Garrick
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
that sounds like bad earths.

Yep i'd agree with ya

Is a metal relay or plastic?

Souper Steve ABB
11-05-2005, 07:17 AM
lil plastic number both of em, flasher and dipswitch.

Actually can anyone tell me what wires gp to which terminals as I forgot to take a picture or write it down before I took the old one out. :?

Souper Steve ABB
12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
DONE!!!!!!

Replaced switch and relay and its all good!!!!!!!! 8)