PDA

View Full Version : scat or hurst! HELP

steffreak
20-05-2005, 10:58 PM
halo, i hav a scat dragfast shifter in my bug at the mo but also hav an origanla hurst shifter.

BUT.. i cant figure out which one to use an which one to give back to my m8 for his bug as hes not botherd wihich one i give to him?

wot do u all rekon

im turnin to the scat shifter, but i wana keep the ORIGANAL hurst shifter ???????????

which one shall i put in?

freakybug
04-08-2005, 12:22 PM
i have a 67 and a scat shifter i have been told that the scat shifter shifts to fast for the gear box so i would keep the hurst ur choice ur car

lazarus churchyard
04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Re-fit a stock style shifter......and send the other two to me :roll:

plumcrazee
06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
keep the scat and fook the shitty hurst of to ya mate :wink: :wink:

scat are the best shifters by far and superior to berg IMHO!!!!!

steffreak
11-08-2005, 12:09 PM
an og hurst shifter???

i no scat has a shorter throw than the berg shifter but i always thort berg wer the best?

Roadrunna
11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Gotta admit, of all the shifters I've had I much prefer the scat one as well. Nicer throw to it.

Beeeerton
01-09-2005, 08:49 AM
If its an original Hurst, not just a Hurst style Empi jap tat, then keep it! A proper Hurst has Hurst (suprisingly) on the side of the trigger.

I'm running a proper Hurst in my Notch, it's lovely, really nice smooth shifts always clunking into the right place.

I have ran a Scat, they are nice too and really nice and short throw, but i'd say that the Hurst is better and nicer to use.

If ya using your car loads, Hurst deffo, if your racing more, perhaps Scat, why not try them both!

Either way tell your mate to get his own! I've seen NOS Hursts for sale for £150 (boxed etc) whereas you can pick up a Scat for around £40-50ish at a swap meet