PDA

View Full Version : puddle

Ding
07-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Hello, not really sure if this is classed as mech/tech but meh...

i have a puddle in me bug, leaks on the left hand side with the water collecting mainly behind the front left seat, some water in the front left footwell. i have searched for holes but no luck, i even sat in my car in the rain trying to find it!! i know that you wont be able to magically guess where it's coming from but could anyone tell me if they had a leak before where it came from. Are there any clever ways of detecting the source of a leak?

ta very much

jonnyspatter
07-06-2005, 11:41 AM
A hole in your floorpan is my first guess, it could be coming up from underneath.

rapidresto
07-06-2005, 12:41 PM
more likely is the heater channel closing plates, it only takes a small hole around here for water to be chucked into the car and once in it can't escape.

check all the bodywork around the rear inner arch on the wet side, especially just infront of the torsion bar covers.

blistered
07-06-2005, 01:11 PM
also check your windscreen seal. Thats where mines leaking from, it's coming down the center of the tunnel and draining into the drivers footwell.

Could be worth a look :)

flat4fanatic
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
another thing to try - do you have the plastic membrane / cover in your door behind the door panel?