PDA

View Full Version : OH FU*K!

Daz_bluebug
10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
driving home from work at a roundabout and hear a nice big clunk,
neXt i go to pull away and the clutch feels like its almost on the floor! you only have 2 pull ur foot up a tiny bit and the clutch is all the way out! feels expensive any 1 know what has happened?

rapidresto
10-06-2005, 06:49 PM
driving home from work at a roundabout and hear a nice big clunk,
neXt i go to pull away and the clutch feels like its almost on the floor! you only have 2 pull ur foot up a tiny bit and the clutch is all the way out! feels expensive any 1 know what has happened?

sounds like it could be the clutch release arm / cable prob. Engine out job to take a look at the clutch but thats no hassle with a couple of people and the right tools, limp up to chez coxy tomorrow and whip it out.

Take a look under the car by the passenger rear wheel see if you can see anything dodgy looking in the clutch cable area.

At worse its gonna be an afternoons work and a few quid.

Daz_bluebug
10-06-2005, 07:03 PM
its fixed now i hope i got it jaked up an me dad tightened the cable up and it seems to be fine on a test run,
i goin 2 chez coxy 2 mo to spray the grey bits blue agen :D

rapidresto
10-06-2005, 07:38 PM
its fixed now i hope i got it jaked up an me dad tightened the cable up and it seems to be fine on a test run,
i goin 2 chez coxy 2 mo to spray the grey bits blue agen :D

cool how much did you have to tighten it up by? if it was more than half an inch or so i'd personally be wanting to know why!

Daz_bluebug
10-06-2005, 08:41 PM
woznt that much i dnt fink i didnt do it, will be a good test on the way 2 coxys house 2 mo an atleast i can get it fixed when i get there hopefully :D

Coxy
10-06-2005, 08:51 PM
woznt that much i dnt fink i didnt do it, will be a good test on the way 2 coxys house 2 mo an atleast i can get it fixed when i get there hopefully :D

Monsieur Clarke will be in Da House all day! if he can't fix it, it can't be fixed!!

Daz_bluebug
10-06-2005, 09:00 PM
:D sounds good well fingers crossed it fixed

Sunroof_64
10-06-2005, 09:15 PM
it sound like the clutch release spring (on the lever ) - they are a bastard to put on

enjoy

John