PDA

View Full Version : passenger seat on an '03 bug

condition_unknown
30-06-2005, 06:10 PM
The drivers seat on my '03 bug comes out really easy, but I'm having trouble removing the passengers seat. Its 3 point seat and still has the stoppers in at the end of the runners.
i know its not them stopping it because it doesn't even reach them and it stops. I think its something to do with the centre pin but could do with some instructions

Thanks

flat4fanatic
01-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Bit difficult to explain, without a phot but I'll have a try.
Have a look where the central runner goes through the front mount. Push the seat as far back as it will go. You should now see a cross head screw that would have been under the runner. This holds a flattened S shaped tag to the central mount. The front section of this curves over the front of the mount and the back bit sticks up and catches the seat when you push it back. Undo the screw, shuffle the seat forward slightly and remove this tag and then you should be able to move the seat all the way back and out of the runners.

If it's not that, make sure the release mech from the central tunnels is working and there's nothing trapped in the 2 rear side runners

condition_unknown
01-07-2005, 05:21 PM
thanks for that mate. finally managed to get it out using a screwdriver. lol