PDA

View Full Version : window wipers!!

DIE5AL
18-01-2005, 09:39 PM
i have got a 64 bug which means i have got a small screen and early wipers..is it just me or are the early wipers absolutley shite?? i brought some new ones from mach 7..they were £48 for the arms and blades and they dont clear the screen. ,there is just no tension in the arms at all..when the hale and sleet came down on my way home from work i had to pull over cus i couldnt see anything. does anybody else with an early bug have the same problem?? :cry: im gonna buy some from halfords at the week end and do a bit of cuttin and shuttin to make them fit me thinks!! i wish id have done that in the 1st place id have saved myself £48 :roll: :roll:

Garrick
18-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Cover your screen in RainX,

tiz good stuff and is only about a fiver too

:D

flat4fanatic
19-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Had a similar problem when I had the buggy. I ended up modifying the arms and using ones from I think either a mini or 2cv

Pherlippherlop
19-01-2005, 08:43 AM
very gently bend the arms until there is pressure....and get rainx.

Kev The Gerbil
19-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Have come across this problem before on other vehicles, you can get a little attachment for the wiper arm which forces the arm and the blade onto the screen when moving. Sorry, not sure what they are called but you should be able to get them from a general car spares they look like little spoilers :)

Roadrunna
19-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Evening Kev.

Like the bug will go fast enough to make use of a wiper spoiler :D