PDA

View Full Version : Smelly bug!

Ermintrude
20-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Whenever i fill up with petrol, my bug reeks of it for days until it gets down to half a tank :(

is this usual/normal/dangerous???
please help :cry:

:wink:

Coxy
20-01-2005, 10:01 PM
A couple of things:
Have you got any leaks what so ever? You might not be able to see at first look but upon removing the tank (an easy job), you may find that it has some corrosion especially round either the bottom fuel pipe or around the rim.
It could also be the breather pipe that comes off the filler neck. If you have no pipe attached, when you have a full tank and you go round corners, so may escape and slop out!! (that's not a technical term!!)

kev
20-01-2005, 10:03 PM
check all the hoses connected to the fuel tank,the narrow vent hose from the tank to the filler pipe can get knocked off and check the hose clips

Ermintrude
20-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Completely restored tank and painted it nice and shiney a couple of years ago. Does have a braether pipe I'll check the connection! :o

did you move me? sorry for posting in wrong place :oops:

marmite on toast
20-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Completely restored tank and painted it nice and shiney a couple of years ago. Does have a braether pipe I'll check the connection! :o

did you move me? sorry for posting in wrong place :oops:

i did, and no probs... :wink:

Samage
21-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I had the exact same problem. And it was the breather pipe - an easy fix, just grab yourself a small hose clip from Halfords or a DIY shop and you're away :D

Ermintrude
24-01-2005, 12:14 AM
thank you
x
forgot to do it this weekend (busy finishing kitchen fitting) D'oh!
But willcheck all me pipework and get it sorted
:) :wink: