PDA

View Full Version : """ engine touble???""

FINGY
31-01-2005, 09:00 AM
when i turn my key on the camper its starting to struggle to turn over and sometimes it has to be bumped when it gets hot .. i think its the started motor .....??? fishers are asking silly money for it

i need along reach late bay starter motor ?? anyone got a 2nd hand jobbie going cheap ??or know of one :D

fingy the needy :roll:

Sunroof_64
31-01-2005, 09:33 AM
dude,

try me mates at Simply Aircooled 01675466822
speak to Mike or Rich
there currently doing a restoration on a couple of campers so you never know

John

aldenkir
31-01-2005, 07:42 PM
.. i think its the started motor .....??? :roll:
Before changing starter have you checked connections to starter for corroded wires , loose connections, loose starter in housing, dirty / bad connection earth strap frm gearbox to body?...if all ok sound and clean then check starter..

Germanlkmanx
01-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Fingy, I'd say its the bushing in the gearbox. The starters arent self supported, and if there is play between the end of the starter and the bronze bushing then when power is put to the starter, it doesnt fly straight and wont spin/will stick/crank slowly. The exact same thing happened to me last week. Get your self a new bushing. I found its wayyyy easier to drop the motor to change it, had the whole thing out/swapped and back in within two hours.

P.S. Just remember to pull off/re-attach your fuel lines...otherwise the car will crank but not start, your entire tank will drain onto the floor and the battery will die, then you have to wait to recharge it to use your car...go on, ask me how i know...i dare ya... :oops:

Tyler
01-02-2005, 08:54 PM
how old is your battery?
i bought a camper and the bloke said ' if you stop after running for a time (hot engine) then leave till the engine is cool before restarting'

so after takin 5 hours to do a 2hour journey home cos i didnt want to over work the tired engine, i replaced the battery cos i had a nearly new one given to me, lo and behold no more tired engine! started first time every time :D

just a thought !

ade t
02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
check your point gappy thing in your dizzy :?