PDA

View Full Version : can anyone lend a hand!?!?!

marmite on toast
02-02-2005, 10:04 PM
i'm about to start the 6v-12v converstion, and wondering if anyone out there knows any short cuts, and would be able to lend a hand, in exchange for caroet fitting service...

anyone....

Coxy
02-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Have a word with Garrick. He did it on his bug about 6 months ago. He had a problem with the indicators but everything else went fine.

marmite on toast
02-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Have a word with Garrick. He did it on his bug about 6 months ago. He had a problem with the indicators but everything else went fine.

so you not offering your sevices then Al???

Coxy
03-02-2005, 06:56 AM
You want it to work again???????? :wink:

rapidresto
03-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm up next weekend and with gaz i'm sure we can sort something out (providing he's around) have you collected all the parts yet? including a full set of relays, bulbs (inlcuding dash lights), dyno / alt, regulator?

have you decided what you doing about the flywheel / starter issue - leaving as is and taking it easy on the starter motor, or swapping to a later flywheel and starter (inwhich case have you got the starter bush).

Other thing you need to think about is wiper motor, you'll need a voltage reducer.

oh and a wiring diagram for your van will be muchos handy.

once you've got all that it's relatively easy :D

Sunroof_64
03-02-2005, 11:40 AM
might be able to lend a hand ,depends when thou. As i go to sweden for a week (with work) Monday. I did the convertion on me bug thou

Garrick
03-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Right Marm'

12 volt conversion...

stuff needed...

tons of fuses (15p each welly market or free from a scrappie :wink: )
Flasher relay (think i have one)
Headlight relay (Think I have one)
Full set of 12bulbs (again a scrappie is free :wink: ) incl speedo etc
12volt choke for your carb
12volt solenoid for carb
12volt dyanmo / alternator (is your exisitng regulator fitted to your dynamo? if so An alternator swap is easier )
12volt windscreen motor (dunno if you can get one to fit so if not a voltage reducer thingy)
12volt coil
12volt battery
Don't worry about the starter motor... I'm still using my 6volt a year later plus they spin super quick so helps starting :D

I think that's your lot.....

Let me know when you plan doing it.... depending when you do do it I might be or not be about as gem's away alot at the mo' :cry:

Speak to me next wednesday...

:D

Timo 67
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I got a 12 volt wiper motor to fit on the 67, was a bit tight (chaffs a bit on the rear of the headlight switch) but not sure how much room u'v got in a split van?? :?

Garrick
03-02-2005, 10:20 PM
i got a 12volt '67 motor as well...

a large washer and the obligutary zip tie holds it in place! :D

rapidresto
04-02-2005, 08:56 AM
i've got the coil, some speedo bulbs and possibly the carb solenoid and choke, oh and plenty of dynamo's and regulators :roll: :D

rapidresto
04-02-2005, 08:57 AM
i've got the coil, some speedo bulbs and possibly the carb solenoid and choke, oh and plenty of dynamo's and regulators :roll: :D

Oh and don't bother with TMS for the fuses as i've liberated most of em from there (unless they've got some new bugs in).

marmite on toast
06-02-2005, 10:17 PM
cheers guys, i have amte, who is brining up most of the parts i need, so when they are up i wil give you a shout for more advice.

cheers Dan