PDA

View Full Version : contemplating suicide

dave
17-02-2005, 07:25 PM
hi peep,s is there any1 that knows how to do suicide doors on a 73 beetle with the stock door hinges? any info or links on the subject wud b great. thank,s in advance.
:D :o :)

Garrick
17-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I've heard you can use ford transit ones... :?

Bazil
17-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Don't do it!!!!

They are called suicide doors for a reason....

The doors have to open completely open to even be able to get out, It'd be a nightmare parking on the side of a road and trying to get out with traffic around.

rapidresto
18-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Nah do it, style over substance and all that, if all dubs were practical i wouldn't take chanks outta dropped kerbs with my tow hook :D

Reliant robin / transit hinges are the way to go, it's hard work but looks good if done properly, have a word with si (roadrunner / forum guru) as he's had a bat at em.

dave
18-02-2005, 03:21 PM
vw dubs wer,nt built for practacality lol. they wer designed to challlage the inteligent lol. :) :) :) im more of a custom dude than a origional 1 :D i,ll ask him wen i find out who he is. im still learning lol

Garrick
18-02-2005, 03:36 PM
The doors have to open completely open to even be able to get out,

eh? :?

I'd imagine they'd just be like getting out of any normal car....

I'll let you know when Targabug gives me a lift in his! :D

and yep.. bettle paractical... NO!!! certainly not mine :D :lol: :lol:

dave
18-02-2005, 04:08 PM
beetles are designed to be droped on their arse n a wopping big engine put in em and a ear bursting sound system.who agree,s?
:) :) :) :) :wink: :roll:

dave
18-02-2005, 04:09 PM
has targa bug got any pix? i wana see i wanna see :P :D

rapidresto
18-02-2005, 04:25 PM
has targa bug got any pix? i wana see i wanna see :P :D

Sore subject :D We are awaiting some pics of it's latest incarnation, all should be revealed soon, ish.

Have a look under member rides on www.flf4s.com they're some there.

dave
18-02-2005, 05:39 PM
is targa bug under surgery like? :?

ade t
27-02-2005, 08:43 PM
mike at machine7 has got lots of stuff for suicide conversions and is a mine of information generally so owrth a chat with him...

...if you do it i'd advise getting some clips to hold the front of the door shut when its is closed,one of the reasons they're called what they are is coz they have a tendency to pop open at speed (not good!) . You could use the rubber clips the baja boys use to hold their bonnets shut?