View Full Version : Name this piece of tinwear for me!!

21-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I need to replace it as it's broken an haven't got a clue what to say when I wanna order it other than rear engine tinwear?! An knowin my luck its probably front :roll: :D

Oh yeah ... and is it 1200 specific? ... as all the ones at dubfreeze had a rectangle cut out rather than a large circle??

http://imagehosting.volkstorque.co.uk/user_uploads/tinwear one.jpg

http://imagehosting.volkstorque.co.uk/user_uploads/tinwear two.jpg


sugar x

21-02-2005, 08:05 PM
damnit :cry: pic's wont work ... any ideas why??

21-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi there,
The cover is 1200 specific from 1978 on and its called a FRONT engine bay cover plate ( meaning its towards the front of the car )
VAG part number 113 119 517 R
hope this helps...

01-03-2005, 07:02 AM
look here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9889&item=45309998 29&rd=1

01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
aww cheers hun!

Wish that was listed earlier :lol:

... had my friend pay £5 to post me one of his out of his garage! lol

sugar x

Rich Oakley
09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
I personally would have named it Geoff.

09-05-2005, 08:04 PM
I personally would have named it Geoff.

Damn Rich, you beat me to it!

I was gonna call it Bernard!