PDA

View Full Version : whos good with linkage?

dubber91
23-02-2005, 07:13 AM
havin a whale of a time with my hexbar stuff, so far been chasing my tail for 4 nights in a row trying to get it all level and equal in the freezin cold...
few questions,
how have ya all mounted return springs for it (if at all on IDFS?)
How have ya got the throttle connected up as mine seems to be really sensitive and right at the top of its travel,
and have ya got any tips/suggestions for gettin them to open up nice and equal like?

cheers guys! posting on here for a promp reply! :D :P

plumcrazee
23-02-2005, 07:19 AM
hello mate its best to set up tickover with the linkage disconected so you know the exact stop on the butterflys.

then set up each push rod till both carbs just toutch the stops then you know there opening together correctly :wink:

hope that helps :wink:

G
23-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Plum did mine so he knows what he's on about! :D

dubber91
23-02-2005, 05:27 PM
well yeah, idle had been set without any linkage fitted. Everytime i seem to get somewhere with the idle, one seems to be open further at full pelt, despite being fine at the stops. I wonder whether the length of the pushrods is critical as it effects the angle that the pushrod pushes down (i.e. looking from the side of the car, the angle front to rear of the car.), and its not just a case of making sure the pushrods are the same length as each other..... what about return springs?

steveos

dubber91
23-02-2005, 10:01 PM
whoa, theres some reshuffling goin on....mech tech hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:D